Sunday, January 15, 2017

Hello From The Other Side


blue dress XL CITY CHIC// necklace LOVISA

I am very pleased to be blogging again after having such a dry spell over the past year. I have missed it a great deal. I don't really even have a proper reason why. I guess after moving into our first home and the DJing taking off over wedding season, I was just too busy and put blogging in the "too hard" basket. In that time, I also stopped checking my favourite plus size fashion blogs regularly and started checking Instagram once a week instead of the usual two or three times a day. 

It seems silly considering that I still spend a lot of money on clothes and enjoying what I wear, and since I've been on holidays over the past few weeks I've felt rested enough to feel the drive come back. Plus, I also need to write blog posts about getting engaged and finding a wedding dress! Both of which I have not announced on my blog or on Instagram, and I plan on fixing that over the next week or two. 

Although I haven't been quite so immersed in the online plus size fashion community, I've dabbled here and there, checked out hashtags, popped back onto some of my favourite blogs and checked out new brands. Exciting things seem to be happening! New faces are popping up too. It feels like there's a new phase of the revolution. A settled, more steady growth of body positivity, and I don't want to miss out!

Now onto my outfit. This dress came out in black at City Chic in the pre-Christmas season. I bought it because the fabric was very light and comfortable, with no lining. Perfect for a scorching hot day. Then it came out in blue as an online exclusive, and I leapt at the chance to have it in such a dynamic and eye-catching colour. Easy to wear, but great impact - and can be dressed up or down. 

One of our rabbits jumped into the photo without me realising, too. 

Thanks for reading. Maybe comment below, and then I'll know if people still read this! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment