Sunday, April 14, 2013

Aussie Curves: Maxi Dress

Hi there! This week's Aussie Curves theme is the Maxi Dress! I'm going to be honest and say that I prefer short dresses to long ones, being the tart I am ;). But just occasionally, it's nice to be covered up a little while still feeling cool and summery (or if you don't have time to shave your legs, or you're at the end of a spray tan). The maxi dress is my time saver item.

I saw this maxi dress on ASOS Curve a few weeks ago and I thought, "Dayum, that's sexy!" Something about the split and the long black sleeves made me want it so hard! At $39.86, I thought what the hell, let's do this. 


When it arrived and I tried it on, I was a bit horrified. This dress is more bodycon than my Aussie Curves Bodycon dress! It shows many lumps and bumps and the ol' VBO (visible belly outline). I had to try it on with a variety of underwear to achieve the right silhouette, but I got there in the end. It's still the most body-hugging item I've ever worn out in public though! But I still felt good in it!

Dress: ASOS Curve, Size 22
Shoes: Ted Baker
Belt: Vintage
Headscarfe: Oh Honey Hush
Necklace: Emma's Collection


I'm loving the other Maxi Dresses in the blogroll so far! x


5 comments:

  1. that is one hot dress and i adore the headband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think it looks fab and you wear it well. Embrace it lady, you're all kinds of gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great in that dress! Hot! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look sooo good! I've been eyeing that dress on ASOS since it hit the site, but I just don't wear maxis much. You make me want to re-consider! I love how you styled it and those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super hot! Love the low neckline and the side split make it super sext too!

    ReplyDelete