Friday, January 20, 2017

See A Nice Outfit And Read About My Lump



When work finished last year and Christmas drew near, my skin turned on me. My face broke out like I was a teenager again, my scalp developed a scaly and weeping case of psoriasis and I developed not one but TWO cold sores in the worst possible place: on the corners of my mouth, where the mere movement of eating caused them to split back open. I probably get around two cold sores a year and have learnt my triggers and how to treat them. This means that when I get them, they are generally quite small and only last five days or so. Unfortunately, these ones caught me unawares, as they began (or disguised themselves) as a split lip. For this reason, I have spent nearly all five weeks of my summer holidays with cold sores that have taken WEEKS to heal. This also means that I can't even kiss my fiance or wear lipstick, so I've been feeling very sorry for myself.

But that's not all!

A lump started to develop under my chin. I thought maybe it was an ingrown hair, but it got so large and tender that I assumed it was a swollen lymph node - perhaps a reaction to my other skin problems. It felt like I had a ping pong ball under the skin! I'd never experienced anything like it. I was speaking to Jeff about going to the doctor in the next few days if it didn't improve, but he asked to take a closer look. He saw that there was a small scab over the middle of the lump, so he peeled it back and what happened next was Doctor Pimple Popper worthy! I was both horrified and fascinated. I continued to drain it over the next few days and now it's gone right down and doesn't hurt anymore. But after the breakout, cold sores and stinging scalp, it was just another thing that made leaving the house make me want to cry. Jeff was very good at lightening my mood and helping me to laugh at myself by singing Lump by The Presidents of the USA whenever I complained. 

I'm glad to say I'm on the mend now and everything is clearing up. So because I was feeling strangely optimistic and happy to be leaving the house, I decided to dress in my favourite style, boho chic, and get Jeff to take some photos for the blog. 




Thank you for reading, lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment