Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hell Bunny; Something For Everyone


"Hell Bunny was born out of a need for a new look in the punk and streetwear scene. As the popularity for unusual and retro fashion grows, Hell Bunny continues to evolve into a major force in streetwear."

The unimaginable has happened! I have been able to introduce my gorgeous and slim younger sister to a brand that suits us both! So much so in fact, that we both wore this brand to her vintage themed 21st

What you'll notice in these photos, is that as the night went on I got more and more...ahem...tipsy.

 I'm wearing the Peggy Sue Circle Dress and my sister is wearing the Blue May Day Dress. We're both wearing Hell Bunny petticoats. 
Shoe: Doc Marten Mary Janes

 My boyfriend's entire outfit was thrifted. The suit cost him $5 from a Salvation Army store.


This is one of the few shots where I'm actually wearing the beautiful satin gloves that I picked up from a vintage store.


The hair is down, the shoes are off and the bow is untied!

At the end of the night, I somehow managed to slip between a mattress and the bed frame and needed help getting out. One moment I was sitting on the bed, and the next I'd disappeared!

I first came across the Hell Bunny brand on a plus-size second-hand buy-and-sell Facebook page. I purchased the red dress featured in the photos and loved it so much that I searched on Ebay for more.  I now have four of the lovely dresses, a petticoat and a black coat – which incidentally is the best winter jacket I’ve ever had and has carried me through an especially harsh Adelaide winter and many a yard duty.

The pin-up styles of Hell Bunny accentuate a woman’s best assets, enhancing feminine curves. Pin-up fashion reflects styles from the 20s, right through to the 60s, and has had a huge comeback over recent years. It’s no wonder, considering that unlike fashion today, pin-up suits women of all ages, body shapes and sizes. The wide variety of styles, colours and patterns means that everyone can find something to suit them and their fashion identity.

At the end of the day, as a plus size girl, if I can find a brand that makes me feel sexy, it has to be shared around!

There are several stores throughout Australia that sell the Hell Bunny brand, or alternatively, you can purchase from their UK based website. However, everything I’ve purchased has been from local Ebay sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment