Thursday, September 27, 2012

Suspender Tights and Jelly Shots

This 80s vintage dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for a good six months, but I finally got around to altering it with the hemming technique I described in the previous blog. To be honest, I think it's a little bit too short (I got a bit carried away). I wore it out on town to a 50s/60s night at The Austral on Rundle Street, which turned out to be a cracker of a night!

I wore my City Chic black belt with the dress, and made a feature of my tights, which I purchased from the UK on Ebay. I thought that since the neckline of the dress was so high, it needed to be balanced out with something a little bit flirty down below instead! I've had these tights for a while now, and this was the first time I've worn them. It just seemed to work. I've found it difficult to get interesting plus size tights in Adelaide stores, so I've been venturing online to find some more quirky offerings.












Here's a picture of the hem so you can see my awesome sewing skills! Just don't ask me how long it took! But it was well worth the effort in the end.

On a side note, I made some sexy cherry vodka jelly shots.


I always struggle to get the jelly out of those little plastic shot cups with my tongue, so I sprayed canola oil into a silicon ice cube tray (about $1.95 at Ikea), put a glacé cherry in each mould, then poured the cherry jelly/vodka mixture in. Once the jelly is set, you just push the jellies out! Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment