Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Aussie Curves: LBD


I've decided, due to some unashamed envy, to jump on the Aussie Curves bandwagon!

I think the Little Black Dress is a nice one for me to ease in with. 

I bought this dress in the City Chic sales in 2011 for $40, and I got the amazing cheetah belt from the 2012 City Chic sales, $15. I know a lot of my posts lately are City Chic heavy, and I think that's because I go through stages of really loving the brand, and then having "a break". This brand can be really hit and miss for me; some collections I love, some I hate. Some of the clothing is well made and has lasted me years; other items have fallen apart at the seams. However, City Chic has done some bloody brilliant LBDs! 

The origins of the LBD can be linked back to the 1920s designs of Coco Chanel and is considered one of those essential items for every woman. By fashion standards, it should be simple and elegant, is usually a classic cut, quite short, and can be dressed up or down. 

"I walked into the room dripping in gold, dripping in gold..."







"No Bolero! I'm freeeeee!"

Dress & Belt: City Chic
Shoes: Betts
Necklace: David Jones (can't remember the brand name, though)

Since the LBD is classically chic, I thought I'd share some of India Knight's advice on,

How to Look Effortlessly, Classically Chic, Even if You're Crap at Make-up

"Very French, this, and sexy, and fabulous. Also timeless. Wear only red-red lipstick - nothing else. This relies on decent skin and careful application, otherwise you look like Courtney Love. In order to work, this look requires immaculately groomed and shaped brows: they are crucial. As is having lips: this doesn't work if you have a slit for a mouth. If you don't want or don't need to go for the full foundation monty, just wear tinted moisturizer and concealer where needed - or go bare: all the attention is on your mouth and eyes, not on the odd blemish. You could add a minute slick of mascara, but absolutely nothing else. Works with all colourings and all skin tones, and men love it. Just make sure it's red-red, as in pillar box, fire engine, sinful apple. Oh, the glamour."






8 comments:

  1. Fantastic belt! Love the rock chick look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn! It's my favourite thing at the moment x

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous darling! I am LOVING that fierce belt and those shoes! <3 Work it.

    - Marisa

    vivavoluptuous.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love how you styled it with the accessories and booties! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I have a necklace. Twins! Welcome to the challenge xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my sister and mum have it too. We found it shopping on Christmas Eve and argued over it, but we all bought it in the end. Thanks for the welcome, too! Glad to join you and the other babes ;)

      Delete
  5. love this look. and those shoes are just tdf!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Love the dress and hair! xx

    ReplyDelete