Friday, February 7, 2014

Aussie Curves: Activewear

The only form of exercise I've ever been able to stick to is swimming. I tried the gym and walking, but neither lasted long. I can be a pretty lazy person, especially because I love sedentary activities, like reading and writing and watching films. I had to be really honest with myself. I didn't want to psych myself up to join another gym or get into a walking routine because I knew it wouldn't last and I'd end up hating it like all the other times.

So I found my local pool and started swimming laps after school. I did this for ten weeks, and didn't get sick of it. Then over the summer holidays I skipped the pool and went to the beach instead (it's across the road from my unit). I bought a snorkel and explored my little piece of the coast. It wasn't as vigorous as swimming laps, but it still felt good to get out there. Now that school has started back, I'm keen to getting back into my routine at the pool. 

Just one photo from me this week. I'm wearing a swimsuit from Swimsuits For All and the swim skirt is from City Chic. I wouldn't swim laps in this, but it's nice for a leisurely beach snorkel! 



I'll be writing a review soon on the book, The Unapologetic Fat Girl's Guide to Exercise, by Hanne Blank, as part of my Body Loving Book Review series. So keep an eye out for that!

Thanks for reading! xx

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment