Sunday, February 17, 2013

Aussie Curves: Black and White


My father loves Alfred Hitchcock films. So naturally, I grew up watching them. When I think of black and white, I think of Kim Novak in Vertigo in this white coat over her black outfit and gloves. Film critics say the contrast of the colours represents the duality of her character in the film. Last winter I tried on a gorgeous white coat in David Jones, but I didn't buy it. Sometimes I still dream about that coat! Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Anyway, with the 40s/50s inspired peplum trend, I do feel like I'm channeling Kim Novak at least a little bit here.









Top, Belt and Shoes: City Chic
Skirt: ASOS

I've been reading a lot of fantastic literature on body acceptance/image/confidence lately, so I've decided to start reviewing some of that material. You can check out my first review here.



Be sure to check out the other babes on the Blog Hop x



6 comments:

  1. Yeeeeeeesssss!! Hitchcock's Vertigo was one of the first black and white films I ever saw. THE BEST. Soooo good.

    You look great. Love this outfit on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! The fashion in some of those old movies is TO DIE FOR!

      Delete
  2. Love this look and so jealous of how you rock that short skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got killer legs! Perfectly showcased in your outfit this week. Love the simplicity of how you've combined the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the peplum is looking super fab on you!! Loving your look here! :)

    ReplyDelete