Monday, February 18, 2013

My First Bikini



In my Aussie Curves: Swimwear post, I wrote, 

I ordered a bikini from Domino Dollhouse. I had to go up a size because mine had sold out, so I really hope it fits when it arrives. I don't know if I'll have the guts to wear it on the beach just yet, but we'll see...

I'm so aware of the way people look at bikini clad women and make a judgement of whether their body is acceptable for it. "She really shouldn't be wearing that"; "No one wants to see that"; "She's too old for a bikini"...I'd just like to say that I don't give a shit who wears a bikini. I don't mind seeing men in speedos, and I don't care if a 70-year-old woman is wearing a bikini. Life's too short to care. Everyone has a right to feel free on the beach, to bask in the glow of the sun.

Well, it arrived! So here's my bod for your viewing pleasure ;)

 

I have to say, I love the bottoms (very well made) but the top is a bit too big, so I've ordered a white bikini top from ASOS to wear with the bottoms. Even though it looks cute dry, the padding in the top leaves a lot to be admired when wet. A bit disappointing, to say the least. Hopefully my ASOS replacement top is a good match. 

I felt so damn free and cute swimming in this thing! I don't know if I'll ever wear it in public, but who knows! 

So here's me, "letting it all hang out without the hang ups" - stretch marks and all. 



Thanks for reading x

4 comments:

  1. I love it. Cute as a button. And I love that you just went for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. I'm hoping it doesn't keep me up at night :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Sophie. I love the pics in the pool. I agree the pants are really cute and the top not quite so much. Don't think its the size as much as the design. I hope the ASOS top solves it for you. But you in a bikini? No problem. Keep going for it

    ReplyDelete