Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Dress From Sportsgirl

I've always loved Sportsgirl for the accessories, but last year I found a size 16 dress that has served me well, so I thought I'd write a little blog about it. It's a beige colour with black polka dots.




Dress: Sportsgirl
Shoes: Whitner
Feather Headband: Myer
Cardigan: thrifted


I think part of the reason this dress was so significant for me was that it was shorter than I'd usually wear, and TRANSPARENT from the waist up. As a plus size girl, it was a fashion risk for me, and I always felt a little nervous wearing it.

This is me at Parklife, wearing a feather headband with it. 

I always find Festivals a bit scary in regards to putting together an outfit and feeling confident. I know that I'm going to be surrounded by girls in short denim shorts and cute little tops. But you know what? Plus size girls can look just as good, if not better! I got so many compliments on my headband from random strangers, and I felt comfortable, cool and confident.


No comments:

Post a Comment