Friday, December 7, 2012

The Perfect Summer Dress

I bought this dress secondhand about a year ago. The label says "Pinup Couture" and it's a 2X. I paired it with a belt (thrifted) and wore my ASOS shoes with it. 

I just LOVE this dress. It's comfortable and cool to wear, and the colour is so vibrant and fun. It's the perfect summer dress!










I turned 28 this week, so I'm officially in my late twenties! It's strange to think I'll be 30 in a few years. I'm trying to embrace the idea of aging, rather than being scared of it. After all, we're all in the same boat. I'm noticing little differences in my body here and there - saggier eyelids which make liquid eyeliner more challenging. More visible veins...but I've sorted out my thought process on that one - they DO carry blood to my heart, after all! It's all a matter of perspective. Here's a photo of me as a bebeh. Looks like I've always had a double chin! Ha!


2 comments:

  1. oh what a cute dress! I love the color and the cut, it looks great on you. I really like your persective on aging, I feel the same way. We can't do much about it, so why stress it? Personally I'm looking forward to blaming everything on my senilism :) your baby photo is adorable :)

    xx
    anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words, Anita! And you're right; it's so true that there's no stopping the aging process for any of us, but we each fear it as though we're the only ones facing this terrifying future of wrinkles! There's definitely no point stressing (which just causes more wrinkles, lol). x

    ReplyDelete