Sunday, March 10, 2013

Aussie Curves: Military


I love the thought process around the Aussie Curves themes. It's a creative and fun hobby that can end up being quite rewarding in regards to thinking outside the box. It also requires some problem-solving, at times! 


I don't know about the rest of Australia, but Adelaide is experiencing an unusually humid and hot stretch of weather. I'm not used to humidity and the inspiration to get dressed up has gone out the window. Humid weather makes me irritable! To make matters worse, winter clothes are on the shelves, so I have some new blazers and jackets and jumpers that I'm keen to wear, but alas, they just sit on their hangers looking lonely. 

I have a blazer that has a real military look, but it's just too damn hot. So Army Brat it is. 


Army singlet: Factorie, size Large
Spike jacket: City Chic, size XS (current stock)
Skirt: ASOS Curve, Size 22 (current stock)
Shoes: Doc Martens
Dogtags/Necklace: Gifted

I'm thinking about having the skirt altered to sit shorter, but otherwise, I'm really happy with how my "army brat" look turned out. The jacket is a thin, transparent material so it was quite comfortable to wear without sweltering.

I was incredibly inspired by this post by Danimezza, so this morning I went to the local car boot sale so I could make room in my wardrobe! It was a a lot of fun and I made about $220. Score!


I'm so curious to see what the other bloggers are doing for this theme! xx


9 comments:

  1. Oh man I really need to invest in docs! you look awesome! love your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the little sneak peak of the camo t-shirt and dog tags to finish the look off. You look great. And yes, I'm the same, heaps of Winter clothes, but it's just too darn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving this look on you! I really wanted that jacket and now I want it even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that jacket is awesome! You look great. Maybe I should do a car boot sale, so much stuff I could sell! Mez xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, looking gorgeous. That jacket is divine. I'm inspired to sell some of my stuff in a car boot sale. Ebay is driving me crazy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Adelaide weather, I don't miss the heat! Loving the outfit, I looked at that jacket the other day, but seeing you wearing it, i'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! The green of the top is just gorgeous on you. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely one of my fave military looks... it works so well together!

    ReplyDelete