Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Aussie Curves: Breaking The Rules

Today, I decided to wear horizontal stripes. 

When I was a chubby youngster, I distinctly remember a cousin saying on a shopping trip, "Big girls shouldn't wear horizontal stripes. They make you look bigger." That stuck in my brain FOR YEARS. I avoided stripes from then on like every good fatty should.

Until today. 

Warning! Bad fatty up ahead!


skirt: lily & lou via best and less || crop top: living doll via david jones || shoes: spendless

If we're going to be really picky, I'm probably breaking at least three well known fatty fashion rules - I'm sleeveless, wearing horizontal stripes, and my midriff is on display. It's also 45 degrees today, and so the choice to not suffer under a bolero or sleeves in a wise one, I should think! Truth be told, I felt like a total babe in this outfit. It's pretty casual in comparison to my other blog posts, so I hope you're not too bored, dear readers. It was also a bargain - the top was on sale, only $13. The maxi skirt $20. Sweet as.

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment