Sunday, September 15, 2013

Aussie Curves: Peplum


When the peplum trend first hit the runway with Jason Wu's creation last year, I fell in love with it along with...well, everyone. As a lover of vintage fashions and other eras, I was quite thrilled by the comeback of this 40s gem. I think it especially did well in the plus size world because the right peplum covers your VBO (visible belly outline). As someone who has avoided pencil skirts in the past, the peplum gave me the confidence to venture into the world of pencil skirts. Now I feel confident enough to wear them without peplums, and the dress featured in this post doesn't quite cover my VBO, but I don't stress about it. So I guess, thanks Jason Wu? By the way, Jason Wu looks like my boyfriend. Rowr!

Another item I was really excited to show off here today is this white coat. I very rarely venture into Autograph, and boy oh boy am I glad I went in the day I found this baby. I still consider this my bargain of the year. FORTY DOLLARS PEOPLE!! On sale, of course. I lamented my lack of a classic white woolen jacket in this Aussie Curves post, and now I am the proud owner of this one!


dress: CITY CHIC
belt: ASOS CURVE
coat: AUTOGRAPH
shoes: DOC MARTEN
glasses: ASOS

Thanks for reading! x

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment