Monday, March 23, 2015

Aussie Curves: Bridal


Last year one of my best friends, Ali, got married. We house shared for several years, a ramshackle unit on a beach in Adelaide. I still miss those days. Now Ali lives interstate and I'm a home owner with my partner, so life is very different and grown up now. Janelle was our other housemate and bestie, and she now lives in the Northern Territory. The wedding was the first time we'd all been back together in Adelaide for a while.

I was thrilled to get a phone call from Ali asking me to be her bridesmaid on her special day. If you've ever been asked to be in a bridal party, I'm sure you can understand the sense of honour and privilege you feel.

Discussions and planning commenced pretty quickly, and I suggested we use Light In The Box to select and order our bridesmaid dresses. I'd seen other fashion bloggers review the site, and I was keen to try it. It seemed too good to be true. Just send in your measurements and the dress is posted out to you, for a ridiculously reasonable price. Yes please.

When the dresses started to dribble in, we were all a little nervous to hear from each other about how they turned out.The dresses themselves were beautiful, but all of us needed slight alterations by a dressmaker at some point. I found my dress far too long and the shoulders kept falling down. Also, the plunging neckline was embarrassingly revealing! However, a family friend was able to fix all of those issues. Even though the finished product was gorgeous, I got the impression from the dressmaker that dresses from places like Light In The Box can be really tricky to work with because of how they are made. Something to keep in mind.



I had such a marvelous day and loved being a part of it with my best friends. Ali is the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen, and the day brought out a lot of unexpected emotions. I have a lot of love for those two girls.

Thanks for reading! x

Modish Maracas

No comments:

Post a Comment