Sunday, August 18, 2013

Aussie Curves: Feminine



To look at my outfit, I suppose it's not very feminine. But to be honest, when I pondered this theme, this jacket was the first thing I thought of. Unusual, yes, but what can I say - I'm a feminist that likes to question social norms and gender associations.

When I think of women I admire (and the kind of qualities I'd like to have), I think of strength, intelligence, independence, confidence and gumption. What better to communicate those qualities than an army jacket; an item that symbolises bravery and strength.

Plus size women who dress as they please, proudly display their bodies in fatkinis, educate themselves (and others) on what true health means, are wonderful wives and mothers, confident and creative thinkers who pave the way for a generation of women bound by crippling beauty standards...now that's what I call kick-ass femininity worth celebrating! Gimme me a side order of that shit!

So without further ado, here I am in my army jacket, saying a F**K YOU to a society that says femininity is a non-fat, Abercrombie and Fitch wearing, non-stretch marked, hairless, tanned, straight toothed, thigh-gapped, soy-latte sipping doll-faced poppet. Girl, I ain't got nothing against you but I can rock my X chromosome just fine!


army jacket: THRIFTED
basic black tunic: CITY CHIC
shoes: DOC MARTEN
watch: LOVISA
bracelet: CITY CHIC
tights: CITY CHIC
sunnies: COTTON ON

Thanks for reading!

 Follow on Bloglovin


 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment