Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Summer Essential: The Maxi Skirt

As the days heat up, I constantly find myself staring into my wardrobe in the mornings, clueless. But the maxi skirt seems to be constantly bailing me out of this mishap. Pasty white legs? Hello maxi skirt. No time to shave? Hello maxi skirt. I also find it the perfect option for work, as they are modest, yet keep you cool. And also, it has to be said - no thighs gluing themselves to plastic or wooden restaurant chairs. Anyone else been there?

In my Peplum Aussie Curves post a few weeks back, I wrote about my lucky bargain find when I popped into Autograph Fashion to kill some time. Since then, I've found myself popping back in on occasion, excited about the possibility of finding other goodies. A few weeks ago I saw this cat t-shirt and fell in love. I didn't buy it right away, but couldn't stop thinking about it and eventually went back for it. While I was there, I also found a few other surprising goodies that appealed to my sense of style: a glitzy turtle ring (the head and legs move!), a ranchy black mesh top (which comes in other colours) and a plain black maxi skirt, which I've been after for a while. It occurred to me that I could wear both tops with the maxi skirt, and it would be the perfect day-to-night combo! Yay!

DAY TO....
...NIGHT!


fluffy cat t-shirt: AUTOGRAPH (here)
maxi skirt: AUTOGRAPH (here)
mesh layering top: AUTOGRAPH (here)
rings: AUTOGRAPH (here)
hat: URBAN OUTFITTERS, sold out (website here)
sandals: PIPING HOT, TARGET (here)
heels: CITY CHIC, old stock
earrings: via MUD HONEY (shop)

I'm stealing Tess Munster's style a little bit here with the bra showing underneath the mesh. Sometimes I wear a tank top as well, depending on where I'm going and how modest I want to be. Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus was my favourite song all through high school, and I still go crazy on the dance floor when I hear it. When my bestie told me this cap was for sale at Urban Outfitters I just couldn't resist. And can you believe how adorable this turtle ring is?!

Thanks for reading!

 Follow on Bloglovin

Disclaimer:
Compensation for this post was provided by Autograph Fashion. Opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment