Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rose Mirror Dress

I'm struggling to embrace the soft pastels trending this summer. I love bold colours and earthy boho/hippy tones. So accordingly, the latest City Chic collections haven't really inspired me. Of course, I still pop into my local each week to say hello to Lauren, Maddie and Kerri (Marion, SA). Having said that, I saw this dress on Instagram and my curiosity flared up. I love the cut, the dark red floral and the oriental feel of the design. After trying it on, I decided to splurge, knowing I'd probably wear it to a few events over the summer - particularly my staff Christmas party. 


I also love that the belt fits so well. In the past, I've found that the City Chic belts that come with the garment don't always match the size of the dress. The floral pattern helps to blur the visible belly outline, which is a sensitive area for me and still the body part I find most difficult to embrace. You may also have noticed that I'm not in my usual Doc Martens. I followed a friend into Zu Shoes recently and these were a spontaneous purchase. By the way, I stand at 6"1 in these heels. They are really quite comfortable as far as heels go! My boyfriend really doesn't mind that I tower over him in them (boobs in face, what's not to like about that?).

Thanks for reading! xo

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment