Sunday, June 16, 2013

Aussie Curves: Boho

 
Dress: ASOS Crochet Smock Dress, Size 18 (here)
Jacket: ASOS Fringed Suade Leather Jacket, Size 18 (here)
Shoes: Doc Martens
Headband: Lovisa, $15.99


When I'm shopping, I always gravitate towards the hippie handicrafts, short flowing dresses, headbands, Indian headdresses, anklets, satchels and tan handbags. Which means I think that deep down, I am more boho chic than I realise. I'm really happy with how the photos turned out. The warm lighting of early autumn created the golden glow and earthy tones that I love about the bohemian/hippie look. Bohemian fashion or "boho chic" is mainly inspired by the fashions of the hippie movement of the sixties. Although it does include some elements of the hippie trend with its long, flowing clothing and relaxed style, it also incorporates fashion of the Romani culture, or what we like to call gypsy. It's ironic that the style originated with poor artists and nomads, who could only afford older clothes and unfashionable styles. Now it is both fashionable and chic, and can even be quite pricey. 

Most of my outfit is from ASOS, but from the standard sizes. I've learned not to be shy of that section because a lot of the items are "oversized", especially the smock and shift dresses. I always read the description of items, as it will often tell me if the fabric has stretch and what the cut is like. The key to shopping in the ASOS standard sizes is to READ THE DESCRIPTIONS and watch the short runway videos to see how the garment sits on the body. The white dress is see-through, so I'm wearing a white slip underneath. It's also very roomy and would fit up to a size 20 I think!

Thanks for reading! x

Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment