Sunday, June 30, 2013

Aussie Curves: Pretty In Pink

John Hughes' films have a been a big part of my childhood and teenage years. So for this week's Pink theme, there was no question in my mind - Molly Ringwald had to make an appearance. 


This wasn't too hard since...I MET HER A FEW WEEKS AGO! That's right - she was in Adelaide doing a show for our Cabaret Festival.


While not a "powerhouse" jazz singer, she was absolutely charming. I bought her jazz album after the show and lined up for the signing. I was fourth in line and she said she liked my dress!


Initially, my friends and I had decided to dress up in pink for the event, but last minute we changed our minds and decided to present more of a "mature" vibe. We certainly looked like we had it all together, but as soon as she'd signed our gear, we ran away giggling like little girls and jumped on Instagram to brag! haha!

Anyway, I'm sure you're interested in seeing my "pink" outfit...


dress: THRIFTED $6
shoes: DOC MARTEN
belt: CITY CHIC
lipstick: BARRY M, COLOUR 62

Truth be told, I hardly ever wear pink. I'm more of a purple kind of gal, so this dress is sort of the best of both worlds.
"The Bouquet dress may be short or long, tight or full, bare or modest, but in all its incarnations it is covered with embroidered, appliqued, or printed flowers...The Bouquet Dress is meant to call to mind the traditional association of women with flowers: whether you are a shrinking violet, an exotic orchid, a full-blown rose, or as fresh as a daisy, the Bouquet dress conveys that you, too, are a beautiful miracle of nature and deserve appreciation as such." - Erin McKean

Thanks for reading! x

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment