Saturday, November 24, 2012

Feather Play Maxi Dress




I'm only working part-time this term so I've been trying to avoid City Chic to save money, but I still check online for the new stock every week just to see if there's any standout pieces that I MUST have. This one was a no-brainer for me. I dashed to the shops straight after work to try it on, and I didn't even put it on layby. I handed over my card and pushed away the guilt. 

To be honest, my favourite thing about maxi dresses is that if you don't have time to shave your legs in the morning, it's okay, because no one will be the wiser (admit it, girls!). There's also something amazing about wearing a garment that covers most of your body, but you can still remain totally cool in summer, and look lovely. 

What stood out to me about this dress wasn't only the dramatic pattern of the black and white against the chartreuse lines, but the unusual strapping on the back. Because my budget can no longer afford City Chic every week, I tend to gravitate towards the pieces that are a little bit different to anything I've seen before. This dress did it for me. I wore it last night to an engagement party and it was perfect for the occasion.










Dress: City Chic "Feather Play Maxi Dress" $129.95
Earrings: Lovisa $14.99

1 comment: