Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Luscious Buns

I wasn't going to blog this dress because it was just a quick "throw on" decision, but I ended up getting lots of compliments so I thought I may as well. 

Dress: City Chic

I'd like to point out that this is not the usual "dressed up" blogging outfit. I'm not wearing jewelry and I'd taken my shoes off. But I'm blogging it because people seemed to really like it, and because I felt sexy in it. It's a City Chic dress from last summer called the Roman Goddess. I love it because it's not flimsy - the material is thick and soft and the dress is lined beautifully so you don't need to wear a slip with it. The bottom hem is on a slight angle, which is a nice little detail. I've worn this out on town with a thick tan belt, tan boots and my hair down long and wavy, and it definitely had that Roman Goddess vibe.

I also wanted to show off a nifty little gadget I've found. 



My hair is usually about shoulder length and very thin. My usual top knot is about the size of a cherry tomato! In this photo I am wearing my hair extensions and this amazing doughnut sponge thing that I bought from Gloss (a cheap cosmetics/jewelry/bag store at the shops). I LOVE IT. You put your hair up in a pony, put the sponge on and use pins to keep the hair in place. It's my new favourite thing, and it cost me $4. Yippee!


A couple of weeks later...

Thought I'd revisit this post and add some more photos of this dress because I wore it a little differently today! The belt is City Chic and the shrug is thrifted.






No comments:

Post a Comment