Saturday, November 17, 2012

Porky Pocahontas

 

Pocahontas is my favourite Disney Princess. I've always had a bit of a girl crush on her; it's something about that long black hair, full pout, huge eyes and long legs. Not to mention, she gets to swan about all day in moccasins and bare feet, eating corn fritters and diving off cliffs into crystal clear lakes. I wanted her life, her confidence, her bravery. So when I saw this Indian headdress in Bonnie Wigs in Adelaide Arcade, the cogs in my mind started turning about putting together a Native American costume for upcoming Halloweens and fancy dress parties.



I found the dress on eBay. The brand is InCharacter, it's called Indian Maiden and comes in larger sizes as well. These photos were taken a year ago and I've gone up a dress size since then, so I might get my hands on the plus size version. 

It came with some gorgeous accessories, such as leg warmers, a necklace, arm band, belt and feathered headband. I also wore this dress as Tiger Lilly to a Jinja Safari gig in Adelaide at Rocket Bar. One of their songs is called Peter Pan, so my friends and I dressed up for the occasion.


I can't even express how happy this costume made me! I think I felt more sexy (and comfortable) in this costume than any other outfit I've ever worn. There's something magical about dressing up, and there's so many plus size costumes out there these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment