Monday, November 26, 2012

Halter Zip Collar Dress

City Chic's Halter Zip Collar Dress is my favourite thing at the moment.


Photo taken from the City Chic Facebook page

I've never seen another little black dress quite like it. The collar is AMAZING and I'm thinking about wearing a bow tie with it at some point too! I also think it's quite reasonably priced at $99.95. It has boning in the bodice, so it sits really nicely over my bust. In the City Chic photo, the model is wearing the zip down a little, but I preferred it done all the way up on me.

Last night I went to a fundraiser for bowel cancer. The theme was "Little Black Dress", so I had the perfect opportunity to wear it!

 

Here are some photos I took at home before I left the house.





The event turned out to be a bit of a "family affair", as my sister was there doing make up for her salon Chi, my father was the DJ and my mum was my hot date! My mother is also wearing City Chic here, and it's actually my dress, but I think it looks better on her! I really had to convince her to wear it. The dress does accentuate your curves (in a flattering way) and she was nervous about that. The whole conversation around it really made me realise how the women in my family need to be more body confident! I don't think I've ever seen my mum look more sexy.




During the night I was feeling adventurous, so I went to the make-up artist and asked her for the black Lime Crime lipstick. She paired it with some white eyeliner. 

 



This was me in the bathroom after, in fits of laughter because of how I looked! 







I was actually a little nervous about going to this event because I'm a plus size girl, but at the same time it was important to me to go and stand tall, be confident and show people that I'm not ashamed of my weight.

My dad played heaps of 90s dance music at the end, so I got to shake my booty too! When I got home, I was a little drunk so I went to bed with my make-up on. Needless to say, I woke up looking like a Disney Villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment